Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A walk with Christ

Our ward had a primary activity April. The kids were encouraged to dress in biblical period clothes. Several ward members were asked to come tell a story about Jesus as if they were there. Between every story they played a game or made a craft that corresponded. For example after hearing from a shepard they played a game like Marco Polo but it involved sheep. It was a lot of fun. I was asked to tell the story about Jesus feeding the 5000 with 2 fishes and 5 loaves of bread. Coming up with costumes was a little tricky, especially since we cleaned out our closests at the end of the year and gave away boxes full of clothes we didn't like or wear. I was eventually able to round up a outfit for Xandy, Bella, and me. Jared and Jacob were taking Katy to her soccer game. Since the church was on the way to the field, they dropped us off and were going to stay for the first 20 minutes. We let Katy choose what she did that day and she had picked her game. I could tell she was wavering while the girls and I were assembling our costumes the night before. She was having so much fun she ended up only going to half of her game.

Xandy in her attire
Yes, thats my daughter laying down in the front. But, thats typical Bella, always doing her own thing!

Kaylene and I observing the fun.



No comments: