Friday, May 7, 2010

Inspired by C

I love reading Christina's blog. (Christina is married to Jared's cousin) Not only is she one of the most fun people in the world, she is always striving to be better. Her New Year's resolution was to learn something new everyday. I've enjoyed reading about her experiences. She also is an excellent mom and makes me want to do a better job with my kiddos. Anyway, I love jewelry, but not so much the prices. Now, the girls are starting to want to accessorize and the cost starts to add up with 4 of us. One day, I found myself wishing I had some more "play cash" to use on a cute necklace I saw. Inspired by Christina, I left the necklace hanging in the store, and decided to do something about my dilemma. I decided to teach myself to make some jewelry. These pieces are my first attempt. They are far from perfect, but I have learned what to do different next time, and I had a blast. It was a neat sense of accomplishment when I was finished, and the girls where in awe!! I'm definately excited to try more. Thanks Christina for your great example!!

3 comments:

C said...

How sweet, Thank you Terra.
I love the jewelry you made. I've wanted to try beading for a while but was a little intimidated by it.
I'm glad that I have someone to be my mentor now :)

Amy said...

Very impressive! I'm glad that's not something I need to be worried about - it looks like it takes a lot of patience to make jewelry.

Nikki said...

cute!