Thursday, May 27, 2010

Visit from a cousin

I haven't blogged in several weeks. We've been too busy having fun to have time to blog about it. Nicholas(my brother), Natalie, and Weston came to visit us mid-May and stayed for a week. They are in the process of moving and are visiting family until Nicholas's new job starts. We had a ton of fun showing them around St. Louis. We went swimming at the Y, ate at Bobby's (of course), explored the Arch museum, attended a temple session, went to the zoo, visisted the Botanical gardens,went to a Cardinals game, and drove by the world's largest Ketchup bottle(Nicholas was disappointed in it). I left Natalie in charge of pictures since she has a way nicer camera than me. She is still living it up on vacation in Utah so for now, here are the few pictures I took. (I don't have any zoo pictures but we accidently went on members day and since I'm a member we got to ride the train and the carousel, park in the close lot, and pet the sting rays for free. I have so many free "tickets" on my membership but we were able to do it all without it taking away any of my points)


At the Gateway Arch


This pictures is gorgeous on a clear day w/o the contruction


The fountain was dyed green for a wedding the next day. We saw 4+ brides getting pictures here. We also ran into Elder Tanzie- a missionary that had been serving in our ward several months ago

At the botanical gardens

The Cardinal's game






Some of you might have remembered the picture I took when we first moved here of the partially flooded statue
If you look real closely at the next picture you can see just the hat poking out of the water right in front of the bridge.

Less than 48 hours later (Mon morning) when we crossed the Mississippi we noticed that the street we had walked on and drove on Sat afternoon was now completely under water. Got love the spring floods here.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, what a lot of really fun things to do. I bet they had a blast visiting you.