Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A little girl with a big heart

As I was tucking Bella into bed the other night I asked her what she had asked Santa for. She said she was too afraid to tell him anything when she sat on his lap, but she knew what she would ask for if she got another chance. I asked her what. This was her reply: "I would ask Santa for a Dora toothbrush. Then I would ask him to bring Jacob a Diego toy like the Dora toy Mima got me. I think he would really like that. I don't know if Xandy would still like a Dora toy, she might. I would also ask him to bring Katy and Xandy a picture of Jesus holding them like I have a picture of him holding me. They would REALLY like a picture of Jesus holding them. (she has a picture of Jesus holding a young child hanging on her wall. She thinks the child is herself) I would ask Santa to bring you and Daddy something big. I asked "but what do you want?" She looked at me like I was completely stupid before adding "I already told you, a Dora toothbrush!" I kissed her and left the room but couldn't help thinking, " Really? You have a huge list for your family, but you are asking for a $2 toothbrush?" If only all people could be so giving and selfless. At that moment she had captured the true spirit of Christmas.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

i wish all my kids wanted was a toothbrush!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

This is so sweet it seriously made me cry! Such a sweet little girl!

yvonne said...

these little ones are really so precious! We are blessed to have angels among us!