Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ward Christmas Party

In early November, I received a call asking me to be in charge of decorations for the ward Christmas party. (Okay, you can stop rolling with laughter on the floor now!) I quickly called my creative friend Rochelle, and tried to pull ideas from my years of watching Debbie, Robin and Gail decorate the church gym. We wanted simple but elegant without spending lots of money. I think it turned out pretty nice. I especially liked the tree. Even when the candy canes with needs were added to make it a "giving tree", I still liked the way it turned out. The centerpieces were gifts tied with sheer ribbon with ornaments and candy sprinkled around the gifts.

Santa came to the ward party. Some of my children were more excited to see him than others!

After the party we put all the gifts under the tree.




To close the evening the Primary put on the Nativity story. Katy and Xandy were both angels. It was beautiful, but then again most things are when the primary children are involved.

3 comments:

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

It sounds like it went really well.. and the girls were beautiful. Jacob is so cute and funny! I can't wait to go see Santa and see the boys reaction. Austin is not so selfless as Bella.. anything he sees he wants.

Porter Family said...

I had no clue you decorated the tree! It looked really professional! I'm not just trying to kiss up to you or anything, either. I really thought a professional did it (or someone with WAY too much time on their hands). Nice job.

Amy Franklin said...

It looks like everything turned out really great! Nice job--worth all the stress!