Monday, December 29, 2008

Trains and Plates

We learned how to make candy trains from Grandma this year. The kids loved making them! We found out they don't travel very well. Oh well! (Weston- I promise to help you make one sometime).




Jared didn't have stockings growing up. One of his family traditions is to decorate plates Christmas Eve. After everyone is done, a tablecloth is placed over the empty plates. Santa fills the plates with goodies and small presents under the tablecloth. We didn't do this when the kids where younger. People have laughed at my stick people before, I'm not exactly oozing with hidden artistic talent. Face it, no one wanted to see me try to decorate multiple plates. Now that the kids can mostly decorate their own it was a lot more fun this year. (I did need to make Jacob's, but I learned a new trick from watching the pros- cookie cutters!) P.S. don't let my plate fool you. It was a fluke!




We made the trains before Disney and decorated the plates Christmas Eve, but it was easier to combine them into one post.

No comments: