Monday, December 1, 2008

Twilight

So after dragging my feet for so long before actually reading the books, the same can not be said about me and the movie. I went to see the movie the day it came out. No, I did not go to a midnight showing. I value my sleep to much for that! But I do believe it is the first time I've ever seen a movie on opening day. Not only did I see it opening day, but I also saw it twice already. I can only count a handful of times I've ever seen a movie twice in the theaters.
It was better than I expected it to be. I went in with poor expectations after seeing the trailers, but it wasn't bad, AND it got better the second time. The first night the theater was packed and we were in the second row (YUCK!!). It was hard to hear and enjoy with all the silly teenagers "oo"ing and "ah"ing and giggling every time Edward or Jacob came on screen. The second time I went on Thanksgiving Day and the theater was mostly empty which made for an enjoyable experience with Mom and Natalie. We were jealous that another family with 3 women got their male counterparts to go. No such luck here, but then again someone had to stay at home with the kids. I don't really see the draw for the actor playing Jasper. I guess he's just not my type, now Emmett on the other hand..........!!!
Here's a picture of some of the girls from the ward that went the first night. The other half had to sit on the other side of the theater since it was so packed.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I haven't gone yet - I think I will wait til it comes to the dollar theater, that way if I don't end up liking it, I won't feel bad for paying a lot of money. But I'm glad to hear you liked it . . . hopefully I'm not expecting too much.