Monday, March 23, 2009

Cheer clinic

For years we've been disappointing our deprived girls of expensive cheer clinics. We must be the worst parents in the world (at least our girls thought so). Then one day a flier for yet another cheer clinic came home in the backpacks. This time, jaded from previous disappointments, the girls didn't even put up a fight. As I headed straight for the recycle bin with the fliers I noticed the price. I could send both the older girls (Bella was too young) for $25 total and that included a snack and T-shirt. I kept a flier out and showed it to Jared after they were in bed. He decided to let them go so they couldn't keep using the "but we've never get to go" argument. I filled out the form and sent in the check, but didn't tell the girls. They were so excited on Friday when I finally told them. It was only two hours, but hopefully it will help get the cheer longing out of their system and fill them with gratitude for their wonderful parents. Nah, who am I kidding? At least they got to go once though.

Xandy is in the back row of the frist video with a pink headband and blue sweats. Katy is in the front row of her group with back pants and a purple headband.

No comments: