Friday, August 7, 2009

Kirtland

That Sunday, we sang "The Spirit of God" during Relief Society. That song always reminds me of Kirtland. As, I sat there, I realized that the last time any of my kids had been to Kirtland was the week-end of Bella's blessing. Which meant that Bella and Xandy wouldn't remember it and Katy probably didn't either. Jared and I had been with the youth the year before we moved, but hadn't taken the girls back. Funny how we went to Nauvoo the first month we were here, and have plans to visit Independence but just took Kirtland for granted since it was so close. When I whispered all this to my mom, she said "Let's go after church today". So, we went home, grabbed a quick lunch, and were in the car headed to Kirtland. When we got there, we had just missed the start of a tour and a big tour bus was arriving. We were told they would squeeze us in ahead of the big tour group. As we were waiting for the tour to start, another couple came in to join our tour. My jaw hit the ground when I saw who it was. I blinked a few times to be sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. It was my friend Lisa and her husband Rich. They are in our ward here in Illinois. I work with Lisa in the Relief Society and Rich is the Gospel Doctrine teacher. It was really fun to walk through the tour with them. They had decided early in the week to make a week-end trip to Kirtland. It made a wonderful experience even more special. The girls loved every minute although Jacob got a bit restless. Mima took him out and let him wiggle until he fell asleep.





Jacob outside the Kirtland Temple

In the "school of the prophets" room






Lisa, Pop-Pop, Bella, and Xandy


I had a picture of Lisa and I but I can't find it, not sure what happened to it. Lisa, can you send me the one Rich took?


No comments: