Sunday, December 20, 2009

Horse drawn wagon and Carols

Our neighborhood rented a horse drawn wagon for our annual Christmas activity. Last year, the horses cancelled due to bad weather. This year was a beautiful evening. The horses took us through the neighborhood to see everyone's lights as we sang Christmas carols. My awesome neighbor Liz spearheads this. She put her patio firepit in the Cul-de-sac and so we could enjoy it while drinking hot chocolate and eating cookies before and after our rides. We let the kids go twice and they were up way past their bedtime, but they only had one day of school left so we figured it was fine. They all enjoyed the ride and especially petting the horses. I tried to take pictures, but the night setting on my camera wasn't working. I guess I'll have to put a new camera on my Christmas list for next year since its too late for a letter to make it to the North Pole for this year.

No comments: