Sunday, December 20, 2009

Our 10 Year

This November, Jared and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. We dropped the kids off at my parent's house the Friday before Thanksgiving and headed to Central Ohio for a week's stay at a condo at Apple Valley Resort in Howard Ohio. It was soo much fun and very relaxing. The condo had a full kitchen, with allowed me to bake the Thanksgiving Pies later in the week, two bedrooms, two bathrooms,two decks, and LR with a gas switch fireplace. My favorite amenity was the hot tub room off of the Master Suite. We had a very fun and relaxing time. There was a golf course next to the resort. I tried golfing for Jared. I'm sure I provided lots of comic relief for the other golfers that day but I can't complain because it was a beautiful day for a Ohio November. He went on a 8 mile run for me. Well, he let me run 8 miles while he walked/jogged behind me. There was a beautiful trail that connected Howard with Mount Vernon and another town. It cut through farmlands, forests, and over a stream. We enjoyed eating out, going to the movies, etc without the hassle of finding a sitter. I let go of my obsessive need to plan every minute of every day and we just went with the flow ,making plans as we went along and never worrying about being late. We went into the nearest town on the Saturday and were amazed by the Ohio State apparel we saw. I think about 95% of the people in town were wearing their Buckeye apparel. We watched the game from the comfort of our hot tub. On Tuesday, we ended up driving to Cleveland and picking up the kids since my Mom was really sick. We took the kids back down until Thanksgiving. Even with the kids, we had a fun time hanging out as a family. I was having too much fun too take pictures. The few I do have were taken with our cell phones.

After our run

No comments: