Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Recital

In September we had some friends over for dinner one night. Their son who is Katy's age, sat down at the piano and started to play beautifully. It was the push I needed to up my arguments with Jared that the girls needed lessons. Mom teaching them was just not working. Too many distractions and other problems with that method. A few weeks later the older girls were both enrolled in piano lessons. The teacher lives right around the corner and I LOVE how convenient that is. Katy had progressed with my lessons enough that she was playing some basic songs but Xandy couldn't play at all. The second week of lessons they came home with music for the Christmas recital. I thought the teacher was crazy! There was no way that Xandy was going to be able to play the song chosen in under three months. They both proved me wrong.

The recital was Tuesday night. Katy played "Up on the Housetop" and Xandy played "Angels We Have Heard On High". The second clip is a quartet of "Good King Wenceslas" with Katy, Xandy, Dylan (another boy in the ward), and their teacher Sis. Hawk.


2 comments:

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Way to go girls!! They did awesome! I wish they could be my students!

Elise said...

Good job!!! That was very beautiful, girls!