Sunday, December 20, 2009

Katy's b-day party






















The kids get B-day parties every other year, and unfortunately, this is the year of parties. Katy had her yesterday, since most families are pretty busy two days before Christmas. She decided to just have a small group of friends over to make Christmas crafts and decorate cookies. As mentioned in a previous blog, this is hard for me. I tend to shy away from messy activities and giving a bunch of giggly girls paint and frosting sounded like the stuff nightmares are made of. But, deciding I should be grateful that she was content with a less expensive home party as opposed to renting out the Y or other venue like most of her friends do, I set off for Michaels with her in tow. We found a few Christmas crafts and baked gingerbread cookies the night before. The girls seemed to have fun and Katy was pleased so I'll call it a success. I realized shortly before the party started that this was the first B-day party she ever had that her friend Brooke, and Mima weren't at. Brooke had celebrated Katy's b-days with her since she was 2 or 3 and before the every other year party rule. We missed you Brooke and Mima!
She wanted a Christmas tree cake. It was definately one of the more pathetic cakes I've made. I'll blame it on the stress of the season.

No comments: