Friday, January 28, 2011

Katy's B-day Party

We let Katy have a slumber party this year.  I was always nervous about this since we don't have a finished basement to send the girls too.  I wanted Jared, the kids, and I to get some sleep.  Taking the lead of a few parents of Katy's friends, I set a 12:30 lights out rule.  It helped and a little after 1am they were all asleep.
The evening was filled with lots of pizza and junk food, nail painting, and girl movies.  I helped them make eye masks.  We had a nail polish/ carpet accident (even though I had laid plastic all over the carpet to prevent this exact scenario.  they somehow managed to get it on the carpet).  One little girl got sick and that ended up on my carpet also.  Needless to say, I spent a fair portion of the night on my hands and knees scrubbing the carpet.  But, overall the girls had a blast and it wasn't so bad. Katy wanted an icecream cake. I was tempted to be lazy and just buy one, but Linsday helped remind me how much cheaper it is to make and not very hard at all. In the end, I was a good mommy and made her cake.  Katy was great at including her siblings.  She originally asked that they sleep in their rooms, but when Jacob and Bella fell asleep during the movie she let Xandy stay down stairs with them.
The gang




The hat triplets: Lauren, Katy, and Jaydi
Katy and Jaydi

Delaney Reed and Katy
Jacob, Raechel, and Katy.  Poor Raechel is the one who ended up sick 
Grace and Katy

1 comment:

the Petterson Family said...

Props to Katy for letting Xandy stay downstairs with her! She will probably remember that! I remember that my sister let me watch "Clueless" with her and her friends at her sixteenth bday and I felt so cool...even though she made me sit at the back of the room...