Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ward Party

I wasn't going to blog about this since I'm so behind, but I wanted to record Jake's story from the night.
After dinner, the primary kids dressed in costumes and sang songs about Christ's birth. Jacob was very upset that he was not old enough to participate. Katy won the tug a war with a couple other girls and got to be Mary (back row). Bella and Xandy are both angels and on the left side of the picture.
Jake was stuck sitting with us but, at least Lisa and Rich were sitting with us too.  All the kids, but especially Jacob love Lisa.  Jacob gets jealous when her granddaughter comes to town. 
Anyway, immediately after the primary stopped singing, sleigh bells were heard and Santa walked in.  The primary kids were good and stood waiting for some signal that they were released and could go see Santa.  Santa meanwhile went and sat in his chair.  I was watching Jacob to see his reaction to Santa's appearance.  I saw a train of thought pass over his face that took about 2 seconds.  He looked at Santa, back at the kids, and back to Santa again and then he took off.  I could see the wheels turning and can just imagine him saying "Fine, if I can't sing, I can at least capitalize on the fact that I'm not standing in the front of the room in a costume right now."  He ran right up to Santa and was first in line to sit on his lap.  This caused a chain reaction in the room as all the kids raced to get in the line.  I might have been embarassed that my child initiaited the mayhem if the whole thing hadn't been so funny.
I barely had time to pull my camera out it all happened so quick so Jake's picture is pretty blurry



No comments: