Thursday, January 31, 2008

Out with the old, In with the new!

In this case the "old" was the ugly wallpaper taunting me from its presence throughout my kitchen for the past year. Every morning I could hear it mocking me, just daring me to start ripping it down. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure in its day it was quite trendy and not always as hiedous as it had now become. Only problem was "its day" was probably 1973 and after 35 years it was definately time to go. Jared took the day of last Thursday and we spent the week-end taking down paper, cleaning adhesive of the wall, priming, and painting. The primer looked purple in the sunlight. Needless to say there were three very disappointed girls when they found out the kitchen was not going to be purple for long.


The ugly wallpaper and even lovlier green paint found underneath


The primer and final color


The finished result

Thanks to Nikki and Dave for giving us the jumpstart we needed. Now its on to the bedroom. Beware, metallic silver paper with pink roses!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I so wish I had a house to do home improvements in. Being a renter is so boring. The new color looks fabulous! Though I think you should have left it that lovely shade of green. :)

Nikki said...

It looks great!!!!

Amy Franklin said...

Congrats, Terra! I miss the lovely bright orange, yellow, and gold wallpaper that once graced our kitchen walls...ha ha! It looks great--can't wait to see it!

Kate said...

How fun for you guys! And like Amanda, said, renting is so lame! I can't wait to have a house to paint!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Ohhh...fun!! I can't wait to see it! That is not an easy task, but well worth it in the end!

Nicky said...

Good for you! Terra, I sure miss you! I love reading your blog and remembering just how much I like you...but then it makes me sad. I miss you.