Thursday, September 25, 2008

Buckle your seats, we're in for a long ride!

No, we are not going to an amusement park or on a road trip. We are simply attempting to raise Alexandra the best we can and hope she turns out okay in the end. At dinner tonight I was recounting our day to Jared. Explaining how Jacob is sneaky and loves to pull Bella's hair. Jared's reply was "well, what are boys for?" to which Alexandra yelled ,very loudly I might add, "Kissing!". Then, there was silence. Complete silence. Jared, and I were shocked silent. Katy &Bella were relieved it wasn't them who had yelled that. They could tell by Dad's face that was NOT the right answer and sat quietly waiting to see what would happen. Xandra sat silent because she too could see Dad's face and knew she probably should not have yelled that.

Where did this child come from? I was not a boy crazy child. I was too unsure of my self to even speak to boys. Where did this giggling boy crazy girl at age 5 come from? What am I doing wrong as a parent? How do I fix this before she is older? Can LDS girls live in convents? What age is too early to send her? and WHERE IS SHE GETTING THIS FROM?????

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey Terra... So I'm not even sure if I've ever commented, but I've been enjoying your blog for a while... I LOVED this!!! How funny and completely shocking that would have been to see. I was quite the boy crazy girl from the get-go, but I don't think I would ever have been (even now maybe) brave enough to blurt that one out in front of my family! :) SO CUTE!