Tuesday, September 30, 2008

For the Love of the Game

Some of you may be wondering why I suddenly have fight songs, and other football themed music on my blog. What can I say, I've caught the fever. Football fever that is. I can appreciate a good sporting event. I love to go to Indians games. The Cavs playoff game we went to several years ago was AWESOME! I enjoy watching Katy play soccer. But, I usually can not sit in my house and watch sports on TV for hours. I get bored when I'm not actually at a game I'm watching. There's something about the atmosphere of a sporting event that keep me fascinated with the actual game. I especially find it painful to watch a game on TV that has no meaning to me. Take the baseball season... There are six months of games. Lots of games. Lots of games between teams that I don't care about that really have no meaning until the end of the season. But, all that is different with football. I LOVE FOOTBALL. A couple weeks ago as Jared was preparing his talk for church he turned the TV to a football game (wonder why it took him all day to write the talk? too many distractions maybe?) I came into the room to nurse Jacob and sat down. Before long, I found myself completely riveted by the game. I had even picked a team to cheer for. I'm not sure why I love football so much. Was it being at BYU while LaVell Edwards was still the coach? Was it being in the marching band in High school? (yes, I was a dork) Whatever it is, Football is by far my favorite spectator sport. Anyway, now that I've completely bored you.....

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Now come on Girl. I know why you love football~ like me its in your blood. YOur an Ohio girl. Born and raised in NorthEast Ohio. The birth place of Rock n roll and Football. You know Canton Ohio, Football Hall of Fame. I actually look forward to Saturdays in the fall so we can watch FootBall ALL DAY Long. (except this weekend you know conference and all)
So you go girl and watch it, for the love of it.

Joan said...

I Love Shelly- she said it all. And don't forget to practice O H I O with the girls and Jakie so that they remember who they are and where they are really from!

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

O-H-I-O! Go VOls! The COUGARS ROCK!... my family has football fever! We LOVE football! Runs in our genes.