Monday, September 15, 2008

Time Out For Women

I went to Time out For Women this week-end. A big group from the ward went. Even though it was only 40 minutes away we used it as a good excuse for a week-end break. We went up Friday and stayed in a hotel. Several sisters went to Friday's TOFW speakers but the rest of us went out for dinner and shopping. Although the restuarant took so long to seat us that there wasn't much time for shopping. Probably better though cause that means I couldn't buy anything. I really enjoyed the whole week-end. Even though some speakers were better than others, I really felt the spirit and had a great time. We got some really cute bags and had fun browsing the books and cds from Deseret Book. I forgot to take pictures of the week-end. It was my first time being gone overnight from Jacob. We both survived, but I have a sinking feeling that it was harder for me than it was for him. We stayed up way too late watching the hurricane strike Texas. I think I'm getting old, my body does not do well without my beauty sleep. Heather and Lauren even got to see a streaker run behind the reporter from the weather channel during his report. I missed it, but you can watch it on you-tube with the link if you're curious. It takes a special kind of idiot to run naked through the streets, at night, during a hurricane.

2 comments:

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Glad that you were able to get a night away! Sounds like there are fun people in your area! Time out for women is coming our way in a couple of week, I was going to go, but it's on Nicks b-day, so I decided not too. Reading this, I kind of wish I could go! Oh well!

Porter Family said...

I still can't get that image out of my mind. Man, that was so stinking funny! What kind of drunk idiot would stay in a hurricane and then decide it's okay to streak as well? Maybe I don't want to know.