Sunday, September 7, 2008

A visit from Bunny

Two weeks ago my brother Martin stopped by on his way out to BYU. My children (as well as all his nieces and nephews) adore him. When Katy was a toddler she loved Veggie Tales. Uncle Martin used to sing the song from "Rac, Shac, and Benny" to her. Part of it went:"the bunny, the bunny, oh I love the bunny". One day she started calling him "bunny" and it stuck. He is referred to as "Bunny" or "The Bunny" by the majority of the kids. The kids had a blast with bunny even if his stay was short. I love how he gets down and interacts with them. He doesn't play the cool college kid too cool to play with the kids. He played game after game with Bella. And even though at times I bet he was bored to death, he humored her and made her feel important. Even little Jacob was enamored with Bunny. We love you Bunny, good luck at school this semester.



4 comments:

Amy said...

Marty sure has grown up a lot from when I remember him. What a handsome uncle - hope BYU goes well for him.

Joan said...

I love Bunny too.

Andrea said...

Marty is so not aloud to be that big!! I can't believe how much he has grown!! I hope he has a great time at BYU!! Your girls are too cute.

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

Isn't the Bunny so great.. the boys still talk about his visit and how he is coming back! We miss the bunny too!