Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cleveland Rocks

We went back to Cleveland for Labor Day week-end. We packed the week-end full of fun and it went by way too quickly. I determined over the week-end that you can take the girl out of Cleveland but you can NOT take Cleveland out of the girl. We went to the Indians game Friday night with some of our awesome friends! It was a blast- even though we lost. The guys accused us of not having watched any of the game, but we did manage to watch parts in amongst our conversations. One time Jared interrupted our conversation to ask me what the score was. He was testing me to see if I had paid any attention at all. I think he about fell over when I correctly stated the current score to him. There were fireworks after the game which I always love. Saturday, Jared, my dad, and my little brother took my four kids and my nephew to the Indians game. They lost again but everyone got Asdrubal Cabrera bobbleheads that more than made up for the loss in the eyes of the kids. Mom and I went to my cousin's shower- but thats a whole different post. Sunday was church and visiting with friends and family. We had a great time and enjoyed seeing everyone. The hardest part of the trip was pulling away without my 3 yr old darling Bella. Bella is staying the week with Mima, Pop-Pop and cousin Weston. She'll have a blast but Jacob and I will miss her. When we got back last night we ended our trip at Chick-Fil-A where we were treated to 3 free chicken tenders a person (even Jacob) for wearing our college appearel. Xandy and I sported BYU attire while Jacob, Jared , and Katy went the Ohio State route. We added a couple waffle fries and cookies and cream shakes to share. Then it was home to unpack and unwind.

The girls:

The boys:

The game:

The Indians sign that I got emotional over:

4 comments:

Susan said...

Cleveland Rocks....but usually not the Indians, not the Cavs, and definitely not the Browns. Go Steelers! But at least y'all look like you are having fun.

Shelly said...

I miss ya....... and if the Cleveland teams don't give us anything to cheer about Buckeyes DO!!!

Joan said...

Always remember those roots, no matter where you go... O H I O

Amy Franklin said...

Thanks so much for inviting us to the game! We had a great time. Sorry we didn't make it to your mom's house Sunday...family stayed until pretty late. Hopefully we'll get to see you in October!