Thursday, October 2, 2008

Like a lemming, I went and jumped off the cliff...

Yep, I did. I "joined the pack", "jumped on the bandwagon" or numerous other cliches. I procastinated it. I tried to fight it. I held out as long as I could. But in the end, I gave in. My desire to not be like everyone else was overpowered by my curiousity. I wondered what it would be like. Was it really as good as everyone claimed? So I succumbed and it was good, too good. I couldn't get enough and now I am a statistic. It took only two days to to be fully addicted. I can't sleep, eat, or function without it on my mind. Yes, I am now a Twilight junkie. I won't tell you how many pages I've read in two days. That would be embarassing to admit. You're opinion of me would greatly diminish as you'd imagine all the chores I must be neglecting. But, actually I have been sick the last two days and thats why I picked up the first book to begin with. A mom, even a sick mom, can only take so many episodes of Dora before wanting to rip off her ears and eyes. It made for a nice distraction.

6 comments:

Natalie Buchkovich said...

I told you they are wonderful books!! You are going to want to be a Vampire. Now you will be prepared to watch the movie in November! And don't worry, I read two of the books in two days! Everyone that has read these books will understand and will not judge for the neglecting of children and household chores, we all did is as well!

Nikki said...

I can't wait for the movie! The books are great. glad you jumped on the bandwagon!

Kate said...

Hahaha! I knew what you were talking about as soon as I started reading. I haven't read them yet, but eventually. I'm like you, once I get sucked in it's hard to stop for chores!

Melissa said...

I just finished breaking dawn and it took me a good month. Enjoy them, you'll blow right through them and then wonder how you are going to get along without them when you finish.
-Melissa

Joan said...

Ok girls, I like to read, ask my family. But, I cannot believe they are that wonderful! I just can't imagine it.

Amanda said...

I think they call that entering the 'Twilight' zone. I was there myself not too long ago. I have to say that knowing what it feels like to be so consumed with the series, it's fun to hear when it happens to others.

Thankfully, given some time, it will pass and you will eventually go back to a normal functioning member of society! Until then, enjoy!!