Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The treasured phrase

This morning I was playing with Jacob. As he lay on the floor, I bent over him, kissed his forehead and told him I loved him several times. Then it happened. The skies parted, the light shone down from heaven, and I could hear a chorus of angels singing. Okay, not really. But--- I did hear a sound just as magical. Three simple sounds imitating the ones I had just spoken. Not quite the same as mine, but close enough to realize he was trying. "I la lu" I heard from my own little angel. Some of you may be skeptics (like my own husband- but he's mostly just jealous), but I know what I heard, and I saw his whole face light up when I gave him the reaction he was looking for (a shocked gasp followed by a BIG hug). The next time I feel myself choking up as he grows up WAY too fast, I'll hold on to special moments like this. Moments that can only happen as he does grow and progress. Thank you my precious little boy.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love those moments. They are ones to remember and cherish forever. Joshua gave me one of those moments the other day - he just kept giving me those cute, big open mouth kisses all over my face. I felt so loved!