Thursday, October 23, 2008

Grocery Store Giggles

At the grocery store today, Bella was entertaining herself by telling Knock Knock jokes. She would tell the jokes (most of which didn't make much sense) to herself and then laugh hysterically before starting the next one. Jacob thought this process was hilarious, or else the jokes made sense to him, and he would giggle along. We got quite a few chuckles and smiles from the other shoppers as they passed by. The best part was one time as Bella started a new joke. "Knock, knock" she asked herself. The college boy passing by stopped, stooped down next to her and asked "who's there?". Her eyes got as big as saucers and she looked up at me with an expression that said "what do I do, some strange kid is talking to me". It was pleasant to have them happily entertaining themselves for a change.

Fall blew in with a vengeance last night. It is rainy and cold today. Since tomorrow is the chili cook-off we headed to the store to by ingredients for soup tonight and chili for tomorrow. Apparently everyone was on the same wavelength. Although most of the aisles were easy to navigate through the soup aisle was packed with people. I couldn't even get through with my cart. Everyone was chuckling at the soup stock-up plan that seemed the prevelant thought of the day.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

If I hear another knock knock joke I will scream. yes everytime we get in the car my kids start telling knock knock jokes that make no sense. The best is when Claire starts yelling "Knock, Knock" but doesn't know how to finish.