Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Baseball and babies

Friday night was Jared's work's night out at the Cardinals. We had great seats in the Party suite. There was an all you can eat buffet. Unfortunately, I wasn't very hungry. I did manage to shove down a prime rib sandwich, some nachos and 2 brownies. (Hmm, if that's what I ate when I wasn't hungry, I'm beginning to see why I can't lose weight!) Since it was a nice evening and most of the people inside were getting hammered, we stayed out in the seats most of the time. The employees all got hats and jerseys. My baseball loving husband was, of course, very excited. We carpooled with a couple in our ward who are here on the same project we are on. They have a darling little baby girl. Since Jared won't let me have any more babies, I had to get my baby fix from her. She snuggled up against me and went to sleep, and I leaned back and enjoyed holding the little sweetheart. I enjoyed holding her, but it was nice to hand her back at the end of the evening and not worry that she slept too much at the game to sleep all night, or have to carry her back to the car, or tote around the inevitably large diaper bag that comes with a baby. Albert Pujols hit a game winning homer in the bottom on the night. It was a great ending to a fun night!
Me and my cute hubby!

Kenny, Lindsay, and Baby Brynlee
The 5 of us

No comments: