Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sneaky Peeking

Conversation over lunch yesterday:
Bella: Mom, I had my eyes closed, but Jacob had his eyes open during prayer. But Mom, really my eyes WERE closed, I just know his were open.

Mom: Bella, how do you know his eyes were open if yours were closed?

Bella: (ponders on this for several minutes) because I could hear his eyes blinking

Gotta say I was incredibly impressed with her creative thinking. I didn't think she'd be able to come up with anything. Now I guess I should be impressed with her "supersonic hearing"
Bella is always coming up with things to keep us laughing and on our toes. Here's another conversation that took place as I tucked her in bed:
Bella: Mom, you said when Sarah's mom comes to babysit us that you would let the girls sleep in my room
Mom: I never said that
Bella: yes you did!
Mom: I'm pretty sure I didn't
Bella: you said it really quietly and now you just don't remember that you whispered it
It was really hard not to laugh or yell "Nice try!" as I explained the girls needed to sleep in their own beds on a school night.